[cisco-voip] Calls over trunk drop after 5:18 min

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Tue May 24 07:57:25 EDT 2011

This is where i'd place my chips.  default session timeout on an ASA is
5 minutes:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/conns_connlimits.html#wp1080774

find out what signaling is traversing the firewall.  If it is
h.323/h225/h245 then you can enable TCP keepalives that would avoid a
timeout:
CSCsq17141    CUCM - Allow TCP KeepAlives for H.323 should enable H.245
TCP KAs also

There are other situations where users may sit on a conf call on mute
(not streaming packets) and this causes a voice gateway to detect RTP
timeout and drop the call.

There are a few opportunities here.  Highest probability is firewall.
Next is gateway.  Next is get a packet capture of traffic between the CM
and GW for a call drop.

Regards,
Wes