[cisco-voip] Calls over trunk drop after 5:18 min

Ratko Dodevski rade239 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 08:45:38 EDT 2011

I've tried setting the h323 timer to 3:00:00 and setting the "Allow Peer to
Preserve H.323 Calls"  parameter to true and setting "Allow TCP KeepAlives
For H323" to false but it's almost the same. At almost the same time I loose
audio (call is still connected) and get "Temp Fail" message on the screen on
my IP Comunnicator.

Regards

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Wes Sisk <wsisk at cisco.com> wrote:

>  This is where i'd place my chips.  default session timeout on an ASA is 5
> minutes:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/conns_connlimits.html#wp1080774
>
> find out what signaling is traversing the firewall.  If it is
> h.323/h225/h245 then you can enable TCP keepalives that would avoid a
> timeout:
> CSCsq17141    CUCM - Allow TCP KeepAlives for H.323 should enable H.245 TCP
> KAs also
>
> There are other situations where users may sit on a conf call on mute (not
> streaming packets) and this causes a voice gateway to detect RTP timeout and
> drop the call.
>

> There are a few opportunities here.  Highest probability is firewall.  Next
> is gateway.  Next is get a packet capture of traffic between the CM and GW
> for a call drop.
>
> Regards,
> Wes
>

> On 5/24/2011 7:41 AM, Gregory Wenzel wrote:
>
> You mean the calls over a pri? drop after a period of time. We had a very
> similar problem with a cleint using v4.1. The issue was the site had not yet
> come up on the dedicated circuit and was operating over a vpn tunnel. They
> used checkpoint FW end to end was blocking h.245 signalling even though the
> FW engineers swore it was an open tunnel. The phones registered to call
> manager normally, interoffice dialing over wan worked fine. Calls from that
> location out the local pri dropped a short time after making it. Also when
> users dialed in to the local gw there was one way audio. As we worked with
> the engineers on the checkpoint firewall the one way audio dissapeared but
> they never quite got the call dropping fixed until we go the mpls up and
> disconnected the vpn tunnel.
>
> Hope that helps somewhat for you.
>
>  On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Ratko Dodevski <rade239 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi, does anyone ever had experienced something like this. Recently I've
>> started to receive complains that calls that go over some of the trunks that
>> we have with other locations fail after exactly 5 min and 18 sec. Can anyone
>> try to help me how to determine the reason for the call drops.
>>
>>  Thanks and regards
>>
>> --
>> Ratko

> --