[cisco-voip] Feedback on JTAPI feature changes in UCM 8 and impact on UCCx 8+

Bill Talley btalley at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:28:11 EDT 2011

I think we were all probably aware that agent extensions could not be
shared lines, nor could the agent extensions be members of line groups.
Some of you may have already picked up on this from the UCCx 8.x release
notes, but as of UCCx 8.0(3) a shared line extension cannot even exist on
an agent phone.    Even further, as of UCCx 8.5(1) a line group extension
cannot even exist on the same phone as an agent extension.  I'm told this
is due to changes in JTAPI in UCM that allows device monitoring versus line
monitoring?

We've discovered that adding shared lines or line group members to an agent
phone in UCCx 8.5 or higher breaks live monitoring and workflow based
recording and a resolution is not TAC supported due to the changes noted
above.

Are any of you on the list utilizing non-agent lines on an agents phone as
a line group member or shared line?   We've used this in the past for
things like ACD overflow, priority call overflow, voicemail zero out, etc.

Thanks
Bill