[cisco-voip] Video and Phone for Door system?

Nate VanMaren VanMarenNP at ldschurch.org
Mon Nov 14 13:32:57 EST 2011

These guys were at Cisco Live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9PEpz_mKqw&feature=related

http://www.2n.cz/en/products/intercom-systems/door-and-security-intercoms/helios-ip-vario/

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Ryan Ratliff
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 11:25 AM
To: Madziarczyk, Jonathan
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Video and Phone for Door system?

To get video to display on the phone you need a video capable phone.  You can use CUVA to get video on a PC with the 7945/65 phones but they will not show video on the phone itself.    For the video reception if you can get the video stream on the network via multicast or other you should be able to use a phone service or CTI application to instruct the phone to view the media stream.
Another option is to use the video/audio from the door to make an actual call to the phone(s) but that's dependent on the phone an camera hardware you are using at the door.

-Ryan