[cisco-voip] UCCX Post Call Survey transfer problem

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:21:22 EST 2011

To be fair, it's not CAD that holds the call, so it's more of a CTI/Phone
problem, than a CAD one.  Also, I don't believe there is such a thing as
blind transfer in CAD, rather it's a very quick consultative transfer.  I
have never actually tried to hangup during a CAD blind transfer process,
but I would imagine that is a window of only a second or less.  How often
is this happening?

The behavoir you are describing sounds like:

   1. The caller gets put on hold in preparation for the transfer
   2. The IVR route point is dialed, and then answers
   3. The caller hangs up
   4. Now only the Agent's phone is talking to the IVR
   5. Then when the transfer attempts to complete (the button click has set
   the process in motion), because the call is lost, the error displays

And that actually all sounds like correct behavoir.  Or, expected
behavoir.  You could replicate this with three phones, and you should see
the same behavoir, sans the CAD error.

Could you solve this by having the Agent confirm that the caller is
actually willing to take the survey before they transfer.  Even something
as small as: "I am going to transfer you now, ok?"  Then when the caller
says "ok" back to the Agent, the Agent transfers.  Or is a surprise survey
the only option?

Lastly, you could stop with the Answer/Drop solution and just have the
Agent perform a regular transfer, which would eliminate the CAD error.  But
I have a feeling you were there once, and are trying to enhance the
solution with the blind Answer/Drop transfer.

-Anthony