[cisco-voip] Voip Voice Recording software

Buchanan, James jbuchanan at presidio.com
Sat Nov 19 17:56:36 EST 2011

The issue I have seen is this:

When you use Supervisor Desktop to listen to streams, it uses the Span to PC port function to accomplish that. The problem is that when you are also using spanless recording (BIB), the actual RTP stream is a conference terminated on the phone. So, you are actually sending the BIB traffic to the PC port, and Supervisor Desktop tries to play that to no avail. So, you have to either a) monitor through your recording application, or b) turn off BIB recording and use SPAN.

Thanks,

James Buchanan| UC Technology Manager | Presidio South | Presidio Networked Solutions
12 Cadillac Dr Ste 130 Brentwood, TN 37027 | jbuchanan at presidio.com<mailto:jbuchanan at presidio.com>