[cisco-voip] anyone using Unified Contact Center Express

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Oct 4 11:17:42 EDT 2011

I think you'll find issues with any contact centre software. The important thing is to come up with a set of requirements you need, want, can't live without, etc and see how they measure up. Some general comments:

    • N-1 compatibility: although this is getting better, you'll find yourself completing upgrades on both your CUCM and UCCx installations at the same time. If not, you'll have to stage them.
    • reports: I think the canned reports are not as granular as some people would like, especially if you're trying to plan for staffing
    • v7 vs v8: v7 is still Windows based, v8+ will be appliance based. it closes off database access a bit so any custom work you have done will likely need to be re-evaluated, i.e. database dips for custom reports with CrystalReports

I'm sure others will also contribute and/or correct me where I'm off...

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)