[cisco-voip] Phones-Life expectancy

Faye Day fday at wilson-co.com
Thu Oct 6 17:23:49 EDT 2011

I’ve had a similar experience. Out of app 800 phones – mostly 7940, 7960 - running full time for 8 years, the percentage of failures is minimal, even the 7905s and the few sidecars we have. There have been a few hookswitch issues, port failures and sudden unexplained deaths, but most of the time these phones rock! Recently I’ve had some 7940s with broken stands so I cannibalize those that die of other causes. We have just a few 7961s – one with a hookswitch issue, and like you are replacing 796x failures with the 7962 which so far is problem free for us.

Faye Day

Wilson County Technology Services
Assistant Director
(252) 206-1024
(252) 265-5960 fax

Opinions in this message may not represent the policy of Wilson County. Email correspondence to and from me, in connection with the transaction of public business, is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.