[cisco-voip] SAIC doesnt know crap about CIsco

SouthEastTexasTelecom SETXTelecom at ATT.NET
Fri Oct 7 01:45:13 EDT 2011

SAIC IS the voice management……..

Total idiots….who have no clue……They couldn’t even make a SiemensROLM 9006i dial 8+ 7 internal properly….because they had NO clue SO they created 8xxx (with xxx being ALL the site prefixes in the company) as the ACCESS CODEs with TIE as the setting (NO dialtone after access code)….I went in one day, put 88 as an access code with a setting of CO (add dialtone after access code dialed), programmed a route, dialed 88, GOT DIAL TONE (Which dialing 8 didn’t anymore…though it DID on the older 9751-9005) and the call went right to the route and out it went…

Like I said, total idiots!

From: Norton, Mike [mailto:mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca]
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2011 1:03 PM
To: SouthEast Texas Telecom; cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] SAIC doesnt know crap about CIsco

My guess:

Nobody told them they wanted the internal extensions to be 36xx. The “norm” is for the internal extensions to be the last four digits of DID, so they rightly may have walked in to the project thinking that that’s what was desired. Yes, they could have kept the same numbers as the old system. But did anyone tell them that the old system was that way?

Sounds more like a project management oversight than a case of “total idiots.”

--

Mike Norton

I.T. Support

Peace Wapiti School Division No. 76