[cisco-voip] CUCM - Bulk dissociation of phones from an Application User

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 15:47:13 EDT 2011

I too wish there was a better way of bulk managing this process built right
into the UI; to include adding devices as well.

I can think of several solutions to this problem.  Of course, which way you
go depends on what you may or may not already have.  E.g., Do you have a
list of MAC Addresses already, or just a device pool name, etc.

One way is to use the sql toolkit (as blogged about
here<http://www.netcraftsmen.net/component/content/article/70-unified-communications/715-running-sql-queries-on-cucm-6x7x-using-axl-soap-toolkit-part-1.html>)
to remove devices from the user mapping table.

The other way, is to use your browser's console, to execute some javascript
to select the devices in the list for you based on an array of device names,
then all you have to do is click the up arrow to remove them.

So, what do you have already?

-Anthony