[cisco-voip] where does IMS reside ?

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Oct 20 11:50:00 EDT 2011

The way I understand it for CUCM is that DirSync only handles the data synchronization.  Authentication is done directly by IMS.

I don't know if UC follows this same design.

As with anything in the absence of clear documentation you should rely on your own testing (and tell the rest of us what you see).

-Ryan