[cisco-voip] Troubleshooting Outlook 2010 Presence Bubbles - CUPS 8.5(4) CUPC 8.5(4)

Dana Tong Dana.Tong at telstraivision.com
Mon Oct 24 21:27:38 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

I have a customer whom we recently upgraded all of their UC applications to supported 8.5(x) versions. We also updated their Microsoft AD containers to include a proxyAddress of SIP:email at domain.com and the Outlook 2010 Presence bubbles *were* working fine.

About a week later and the bubbles no longer work. I have obtained various packet captures on both the CUP server and client PC but all I can see are XMPP traffic. (unfortunately the end client trace is filtered for traffic to and from the CUP server).
I also have the CUPC Problem Report.

All servers have since been restarted during a scheduled power down of the building. This has not fixed the presence bubbles in Outlook however.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips for this type of fault?

Thanks
Dana

This communication may contain confidential or copyright information of Telstra iVision Pty Ltd (ABN 72 008 056 700). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not keep, forward, copy, use, save or rely on this communication, and any such action is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to this e-mail to notify the sender of its incorrect delivery, and then delete both it and your reply. Thank you.