[cisco-voip] quick sanity check on factory reset

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 11:48:34 EDT 2011

Which version was the bridge to the newer signature files, I thought it was
it 8.3.3? Only thing I can think of offhand is to be careful of that. I had
someone do a factory reset on a phone running older firmware and it would
not load the default from our live CUCM tftp server (version 9.2.1ish). I
had to get it upgraded from a separate TFTP to the bridge version - kinda
surprised I thought the factory reset would have wiped everything and caused
it to accept any firmware.

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Wellnitz, Erick A. <
erick.wellnitz at kattenlaw.com> wrote:

>  I’m doing a factory reset on a 7911 which has SCCP firmware 8.3(2)
> installed.  My CUCM has 9.0(3) as the default.****
>
> ** **
>
> This should factory reset without issue, correct?  ****
>
> ** **
>
> *ERICK A. WELLNITZ *
> Network Engineer
> *Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP*
>
> ****
>
> ** **

> CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: Pursuant to Regulations Governing Practice Before the Internal Revenue
> Service, any tax advice contained herein is not intended or written to be used and cannot be used
> by a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer.
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
> This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information intended for the exclusive
> use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is
> proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you
> are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or
> distribution of this information may be subject to legal restriction or sanction.  Please notify
> the sender, by electronic mail or telephone, of any unintended recipients and delete the original
> message without making any copies.

Ed Leatherman