[cisco-voip] Send outbound calls from a specific port to a specificport

ROZA, Ariel Ariel.ROZA at LA.LOGICALIS.COM
Thu Aug 2 11:49:45 EDT 2012

Joseph,

One alternative is to implement COR lists on the Gateway for that FAX
machine and the PRI

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_ex
ample09186a008019d649.shtml

Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Joseph Mays
Sent: martes, 31 de julio de 2012 02:41 p.m.
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: [cisco-voip] Send outbound calls from a specific port to a
specificport

Have a customer with a Cisco IAD. They are using VOIP for most calls,
but there is a fax machine on port 2/7 and they want that to use a
dedicated phone line, so we have two channels of the T1 assigned to
being a PRI with one channel. This works fine, and it's easy enough to
direct inbound calls to the fax number to port 2/7. The problem is with
defining dial-peers for outbound calls.

Basically, they want all calls to any number out to the world to go
across the SIP trunk -- which is fine, easy, and currently working. But
they want calls to any number from port voice 2/7, where the fax machine
is plugged in, to go out the PRI. I'm having real trouble defining a set
of dial-peers that works properly. Everything I define results in the
dial-peer for outbound voip grabbing all calls out to the world.

How does one define a set of dial-peers that say "All calls to other
numbers go out the SIP trunk, EXCEPT calls from voice port 2/7, which
should go out the PRI trunk?" Currently I'm doing it by using
translation profiles to append a special number to the beginning, then
routing calls with that number out the PRI, but that feels jerry-rigged
and it seems like there has to be a better way to do it.