[cisco-voip] 7965's running SCCP45.9-3-1-1S auto dial bug

Aaron Riemer ariemer at amnet.net.au
Mon Aug 6 21:57:20 EDT 2012

Hi Guys,

Has anyone yet run into a bug in the new SCCP firmware (SCCP45.9-3-1-1S)
where randomly a phone will attempt to auto dial a number when the handset
is lifted / speaker button is pressed? Looking at the directory it was a
number in the missed call list (5th in the list to be precise).

I have seen this with my own eyes and can confirm the directory is not open.
The only fix seems to be a reset of the phone.

We have had multiple phones report of this issue but so far we can't
manually replicate the problem.

We are running CUCM 8.5 and 7965's.

I found a similar bug that I hope has not been brought back to life with the
new code.

CSCtz29414 Bug Details

7942/7962 - Call History is Auto-Dialed When Pressing Speaker Button

Symptom:
When a 7942/62 phone is populated with call history records (e.g.
received/placed/missed calls), the endpoint will auto-dial the number
contained in its call history when the speaker button is pressed.

Conditions:
IP Phone Call History contains Received/Placed/Missed Phone number record
prior to pressing speaker button to go off-hook. Phone will continue to
auto-dial the number listed in Call History once error condition is
experienced.

Workaround:
Reset IP Phone to clear error condition

1st Found-In

9.2(3)

Fixed-In
9.2(3)ES7
9.3(1)TH2.2
9.2(3)MN1.22

Anyone had similar issues? Would be great to hear from you.

Cheers,

Aaron.