[cisco-voip] Call from cell phone appears as if calling from desk phone

Bruno Takahashi brunots at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 18:50:23 EDT 2012

Well, if you did implement the Mobility feature with the dual-mode phones
Ryan mentioned, I think you can change the "External Phone Number Mask" on
the dual-mode device to show the Cell Phone number to called parties.

But as Ryan also mentioned, it kinds looses its purposes.. I guess they
should have better ways to check if an employee is in the house or
home-office huh.

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Steve Gustafson <smgustafson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ryan,
> Thanks for the reply.  It's a case of "this is how the old phone system
> did it.". The main reason is the managers want to know where the employee
> is working from if the employee calls them. I am thinking I can adjust the
> display name to reference something like "Steve's cellular" to get around
> this.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
> On Aug 17, 2012 2:23 PM, "Ryan Ratliff" <rratliff at cisco.com> wrote:
>
>> Mobile Identity is a special type of Remote Destination Profile for
>> dual-mode phones and is used so that ccm knows not to extend a call to the
>> remote destination if the dual-mode device is registered.
>>
>> What Steve is describing is a big part of how SNR is supposed to work
>> (it's the "single" part).  The point is that dialing the desk phone rings
>> the mobile as well so by presenting the call to the called party as if from
>> the desk phone it gives full caller-id information.  None of this is new in
>> 9.0.
>>
>> What is the motivation to disable this feature?  Most of the cool things
>> we are able to do with SNR calls rely on identifying the mobile device as a
>> remote destination.
>>
>>  -Ryan
>>
>> On Aug 15, 2012, at 10:12 PM, Tim Frazee wrote:
>>
>> you're talking about a "mobility identity" thats configured on certain
>> types of endpoints.
>>
>> its like a remote destination, just a bit different. I think it makes SNR
>> work, but with the additional "feature" of showing inbound calls from the
>> cell phone look anchored to the ip phone DN.
>>
>> it was a side effect of having certain products configured, now in 9.0,
>> its a feature.
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Steve Gustafson <smgustafson at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> When a user is configured for Mobile connect, and has their desk phone
>>> number associated to their remote destination profile, calls made to other
>>> desk phone DIDs appear as if the user is calling from their desk phone,
>>> when they are actually calling from their Cell Phone.  Is there a setting
>>> that can turn this feature off so that it displays the actual Cell Phone
>>> CLID and not the Desk Phones extension?

*Bruno Takahashi da Silva*