[cisco-voip] CUCM 7.1 License upload

Pavan K pav.ccie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 12:57:42 EDT 2012

DLU license usage is checked when a new device attempts to register to
UCM so no UCM restart is needed.
Node license usage is checked when UCM service is started / re-started
Software feature license check requires restart of UCM service if UCM
was running in demo mode as the license is read on UCM service start.

In essence for your case, no restart is needed. Just upload and you are done.

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Nate VanMaren
<VanMarenNP at ldschurch.org> wrote:
> If the license is just more DLUs, then you just upload it to the PUB and
> you’re done.
>

> If it’s a version license (say for 8.x) then you have to restart the
> services on the entire cluster.
>

> I don’t know about CM node licenses.
>

> -Nate

- Pavan