[cisco-voip] Calls to internal numbers fail

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Sun Feb 5 20:20:03 EST 2012

I worked an interesting one of these recently.  Proxy arp caused UCCX install to fail because the router responded to ARP request.

Proxy arp is only supposed to trigger for an ARP request for an IP outside the local subnet.  After careful reading and clearing my mental cobwebs on subnetting this was indeed the case.  In that case the deployment overlaid two IP subnets onto a single L2 domain.

What were the IPs and subnets in your situation?

Regards,
Wes