[cisco-voip] Has anyone tried using Assistant Console to monitor a reception line?

Amanda Lalli-Cafini alalli at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 7 16:50:38 EST 2012

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has tried and had success with using the Assistant
Console product to monitor a reception line.

For example, if my reception phone number were 33300, I would use 33300 as a
Unity Call Handler and give the caller some options

1. Might go to directory services.

2. Might go to Department1

3 Might go to Department2

No entry would send call to the Manager number.

(I had hoped to use a hunt group here; but am reading that the Assistant
console product does not support hunt groups or queues.).

We would have a couple of assistants logged to field the calls to the
managers number.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

Amanda Lalli-Cafini