[cisco-voip] Create new IP Phone Service "Cluster B - Corporate Directory"

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Wed Feb 8 16:02:27 EST 2012

The "Application:" part means the phone is going to populate the server part of the URL with the active server from it's CM group.

To get phones to search the other clusters they will have to create services pointing to the external directories URL of the remote clusters.  Results may vary since at least at one point in time CUCM would not respond to directory requests from a phone not in its database.

The customer, and their users especially, will be much happier in the long run creating a custom directory search.

-Ryan