[cisco-voip] Alternate extensions on Unity connection

Louis Koekemoer (ZA) louis.koekemoer at dimensiondata.com
Wed Feb 29 07:33:05 EST 2012

   Hi all,

I need assistance. I have a user that has 2 extensions. One Cisco IP phone extension(1234) and one on a BT PABX(5678). When someone calls his BT extension(5678) and he does not answer it forwards to his Cisco IP extension(1234) and if he does not answer there it goes to Unity connection. The problem is obviously the call going to the Unity connection with the number (5678) which don't exist on the unity connection. We want it to go to the Cisco Extension (1234). So I decided to add the extension on that user as an Alternate extension. Now when I go into the user, it shows no alternate extensions configured. When I try and add (5678) again it tells me that that  "A User with the specified extension already exists in the Partition." I cannot find this anywhere. How else can I do it or how can I resolve this problem?

Regards
Louis

"http://www.dimensiondata.com/emaildisclaimer"