[cisco-voip] Alternate extensions on Unity connection

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 08:38:26 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Louis Koekemoer (ZA)
<louis.koekemoer at dimensiondata.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I need assistance. I have a user that has 2 extensions. One Cisco IP phone
> extension(1234) and one on a BT PABX(5678). When someone calls his BT
> extension(5678) and he does not answer it forwards to his Cisco IP
> extension(1234) and if he does not answer there it goes to Unity connection.
> The problem is obviously the call going to the Unity connection with the
> number (5678) which don’t exist on the unity connection. We want it to go to
> the Cisco Extension (1234). So I decided to add the extension on that user
> as an Alternate extension. Now when I go into the user, it shows no
> alternate extensions configured. When I try and add (5678) again it tells me
> that that  “A User with the specified extension already exists in the
> Partition.” I cannot find this anywhere. How else can I do it or how can I
> resolve this problem?

You could change Unity Connection to Use Last (Rather than first)
redirecting number to routing incoming calls.
Advanced-> Conversations

This is a global parameter for the whole Unity Connection.

Another workaround is to do CFA no answer to a dummy CTI route point
instead. Then you do a call forward on that CTI route point with a
voice mail profile.
In that voice mail profile you specify a mailbox mask (1234) and that
will open the correct mailbox.

/Roger