[cisco-voip] Unity/Unity Connection Port Upgrade

Ted Nugent tednugent73 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 16:52:00 EST 2012

AH HAH... I found the answer I was looking for actually documented... If
you have Active UCSS then you automatically migrate from Ala Carte to UCL
during an upgrade to CM 8.x+. So as Erick mentioned above "3. There is no
migration cost from ala carte to UCL as there is with CUWL." absolutely
true if you have active UCSS.
IF you let your ESW or UCSS lapse then you're stuck paying for the
Migration.... FYI for those that don't know if your ESW lapses so does your
UCSS since you can't have active UCSS without ESW.

Reference - Page 21
http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/UK/public_sector/ict/assets/Microsoft_PowerPoint_-_Hot_Topic_Welcome.pdf