[cisco-voip] CUCM 6.1 to 8.6 Upgrade

Jorge L. Rodriguez Aguila jorge.rodriguez at netxar.com
Mon Jan 9 08:04:00 EST 2012

The reason why it didn't work for you is that prior to 8.0 Cisco did not operate in a virtualized environment so you basically "tricked" the CUCM into believing it was a physical MCS box. In a virtualized environment, the CUCM is aware that it is virtualized, hence when you tried to upgrade to 8.6, the system still believes you are in an MCS box. I would backup your Setup, take one sub offline and rebuild as the pub, restore the drs, install 8.6 to do the bridge drs and install 8.6 on your vmware box and restore from your DRS backup.

Jorge L. Rodriguez Aguila
CCNA, CCNP-VOICE
Senior Voice/Data Consultant
Netxar Technologies