[cisco-voip] CUCM 6.1 to 8.6 Upgrade

Erick Wellnitz ewellnitzvoip at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 09:05:58 EST 2012

Actually, CM 6.x is VM aware but it isn't supported.  It warns that
you are installing in VMWare on install.

I bet the allocated resources for the guest are not correct.  Try 2gb
RAM, 800mhz proc with 1 core 80gb hard drive.  These are the specs I
used recently for an 8.6 lab install.

Now, the problem with restoring to an 'unlicensed'  node is that as
soon as you do the restore it wipes the demo license because it
restores teh license for the backed up cluster..  Depending on your
plans this may or may not be an issue.