[cisco-voip] CUCM 8.6 licenses disappear on reboot

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Jul 10 12:16:46 EDT 2012

You raise a good point and it is something we are trying to do more of. We held a call with a large number of partners earlier this year that covered many of the popular topics (upgrades, P2V migrations, SBD) and it seemed to go over very well.  I expect we'll do more in the future and hopefully I can manage to get to the Partner Summit this year.

How "major" an upgrade is depends heavily on the specific deployment.  It also depends on your (or the partner's) confidence and ability to plan, test, and verify an upgrade such that at the end of the maintenance window both the partner and customer has a satisfactory level of confidence that everything is working just as well as it was before the upgrade.  Note that there may be many reasons why that confidence and ability aren't present.  Lack of resources, a customer that doesn't want to take the extra time to generate and implement a test plan, etc.  There are many factors that can keep folks from doing things the way they'd like to do them.

-Ryan