[cisco-voip] RDNIS and Original Called Number IE

Eric Pedersen PedersenE at bennettjones.com
Thu Jun 21 12:06:45 EDT 2012

We're running CUCM 8.6(2).21900-5.

When one of our remote sites goes into SRST, I would like to be able to have voicemail survivability by forwarding no-answer/busy to the Unity pilot number at our central site.  We're using DMS-100 PRIs at both locations and I can see in the ISDN debugs that the redirect number is getting correctly passed by the telco in the ISDN Setup Original Called Number IE.  CUCM however is not passing on the Original Called Number IE contents to Unity Connection.  I have "Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Inbound" checked on the GW config, but that's not the IE that's being used in the Setup; I assume that's because it's a DMS-100 PRI.

The remote GW is SIP so as an experiment I tried forwarding a call there. This GW correctly takes the contents of the Original Called Number IE and puts it in the Diversion Header which CUCM uses as the RDNIS so it looks like I have a problem with my central MGCP GW.

Am I missing something in my configuration, or does CUCM not support the Original Called Number IE?

Thanks,
Eric

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged
subject matter. If this message has been received in error, please contact
the sender and delete all copies. Like other forms of communication,
e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized
parties. If you do not wish us to communicate with you by e-mail, please
notify us at your earliest convenience. In the absence of such
notification, your consent is assumed. Should you choose to allow us to
communicate by e-mail, we will not take any additional security measures
(such as encryption) unless specifically requested.