[cisco-voip] 79xx vs. 99xx

Erick Wellnitz ewellnitzvoip at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 12:09:12 EST 2012

Wes makes great points.  We must remember, we are dealing with what
ammounts to an IT system now, far removed from the old PBX model.  It is
going to give us the same headaches other 'backward compatible' systems
give us.

I rolled out close to 500 9971 phones on 8.0(3) a while back.  The only
real complaints from the users was the responsiveness (once Wes helped to
track down our other issues).  Tech staff immediately noticed the 9971 felt
'cheaper' and less solid than the 79XX series.  There were also a
significant number of RMAs compared to the 79XX series - probably 15 out of
500 where RMA rate of the 7975s we rolled out was 1 in 500.