[cisco-voip] Having Trouble getting CIUS to Register to UCM

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Wed Mar 7 10:38:26 EST 2012

It doesn't matter if you are using 4G or not.  If your device is a CiusSP (ie 4G capable) then it needs to be added in CUCM as a Cius SP or it will not register.  Think of it like trying to add a 7960 as a 7965.  They are separate device types, and have to be in the CUCM database as the correct type or the registration will fail.

> How do I differentiate between 4G and Wifi when I add the device in UCM?  I see two options CIUS and CIUS SP SIP.

Cius = wifi
Cius SP = 4G  (SP = service provider)

-Ryan