[cisco-voip] Alternative to Directed Call Park

Louis Koekemoer (ZA) louis.koekemoer at dimensiondata.com
Fri Mar 9 13:27:17 EST 2012

Let me elaborate on the issue

Customer has 100's of 8945's and 9971's. They had a feature on their Siemens PABX. Let me give you an Example. 10 user in a department. User 1 answers a call, but it is designated for another user. Instead of Transferring, they would just press a button and it would be placed in a Park location and any other user can by pressing 1 button. In our case they just hit the # and they answer the call.

The issue is very strange and I have TAC involved. The function works perfectly with Directed and Assisted Directed Call Park, but it causes major issues on the ARC Console Operators. When they place someone anywhere in the company place a call on Directed Call Park, they ARC freezes. I know it is weird. At first we thought it was ARC and got TAC cases open with ARC as well. We eventually rebuild ARC to the latest ver 5.1.4. When issue continued Cisco advised that we should patch to the latest version  to 8.5.1.14060-1. We eventually discovered it only happens when a directed Call Park is attempted.

While TAC is investigating I need to give the customer an Alternative solution/Workaround. Any Ideas?

Regards

Louis Koekemoer
Principal Sytems Engineer: Converged Communications
Dimension Data
Tel: +27 (11) 575 6560
Mobile: +27 (71) 680 8790
Fax: +27 (11) 576 6560
Louis.koekemoer at dimensiondata.com<mailto:Louis.koekemoer at dimensiondata.com>
Planned Travel -
Planned Leave -
For more information about Dimension Data, please go to  www.dimensiondata.com<http://www.dimensiondata.com/>

Is there anyone that can suggest anything  that will be able to something similar than Directed Call Park or Assisted Directed Call Park?

Regards

Louis Koekemoer
Principal Sytems Engineer: Converged Communications
Dimension Data
Tel: +27 (11) 575 6560
Mobile: +27 (71) 680 8790
Fax: +27 (11) 576 6560