[cisco-voip] Transfer to mailbox, cross-server

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed May 16 08:36:36 EDT 2012

Good morning

I have a fairly standard (I'm guessing) CTI route point/voice mail profile
configured for users to directly transfer callers into an arbitrary
voicemail box via a "**XXXXX" type pattern. This works just fine w/ regular
Unity v8.

We now have a Unity Connection server up (8.6) with networking to regular
Unity. End goal is to migrate users to the new system and decommission
Unity, due to some upper layer challenges we cannot just fork lift move
everyone though.

All the networking functions work just fine (cross server login, etc), but
I can't get direct transfer to a mailbox working cross-server. I can send
to a regular unity mailbox, but if I try to transfer to a CUCxn mailbox it
send it to main greeting instead. If I make the voice mail profile point to
the connection pilot, I get the problem in reverse - can transfer to
connection mailboxes but not unity.

Does anyone know of a workaround, or is this just something we'll have to
live with until we get everyone moved? Have only found one reference to
this particular issue out on the netpro forums but it had no resolution.

Thanks!

--
Ed Leatherman