[cisco-voip] DTMF on VG224 with analogue Voicemail

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Nov 5 10:34:20 EST 2012

If you can dig up a VG248 it can do SMDI via an on-board serial port.
Otherwise the last I heard was that CMI still required a physical server.

-Ryan

On Nov 5, 2012, at 8:54 AM, Louis Koekemoer (ZA) <louis.koekemoer at dimensiondata.com> wrote:

I need to integrate to an analogue Voicemail system(Long discussion) to CUCM 8.x. So when calling from one phone to the other we reach the voicemail pilot, but due to the fact that we integrating with Analogue(VG224) the VM provider can only determine which mailbox this is for by the DTMF, So in the past your required a USB to serial converted plugged into a MCS server to achieve this. Unfortunately we are using UCS servers and this option is not available anymore. I found some information on the command "vm-integration", but has not been very successful so far. Any ideas?

Regards

Louis Koekemoer
Principal Systems Engineer: Converged Communications
Dimension Data
Tel: +27 (11) 575 6560
Mobile: +27 (71) 680 8790
Fax: +27 (11) 576 6560