[cisco-voip] upgrading UCCX 5.0 to 9.0

Abebe Amare abucho at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 04:24:52 EST 2012

Hi, we are planning to upgrade UCCX 5.0(2) to version 9.0 running on UCS
servers. The system integrator send us email regarding the upgrade process
and I am looking for some information regarding the following two points:

1. We will do a fresh installation for the Unified Contact Center Express
version 9, no data will be migrated from the old UCCX server to the new
UCCX server. You can still see the old UCCX data (reporting) from the old
server only (Windows based)
2. We will do a fresh installation for the Quality Manager version 9, no
data will be migrated from the old QM server to the new QM server. You can
still hear the old calls if you open the web interface of the old QM server
only.

what other ways exist to upgrade to version 9 without losing data?

best regards,

Abebe Amare
Senior Network Admin
VivaCell