[cisco-voip] FW: *** Help On Understanding MTP *** Query HQ & Site B Kevin I Appreciate you are probably Busy

Charles charles at moore1.net
Tue Oct 9 08:43:48 EDT 2012

Hi All

I was hoping you would be kind enough to answer my query, just trying to get
a better understanding of MTP.

Call Scenario:

If SiteB, Phone1 places a call across the Wan to SiteC, Phone1 and SiteC
places the call on hold, if the protocol between HQ and SitesC & SiteB is
H323 & MTP is enabled, on the H323 links. The H323 links are configured with
a MRGL containing CUCM Software MTP, I would like to know, is the RTP stream
established from SiteC to-> HQ -> to SiteB,  regardless if the call is
placed on Hold or not.

I thought when enabling MTP, the resource is invoke only if required and if
not required the Media Stream is between the SiteC and SiteB Gateways.

Please see thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2028260

Regards

Charles