[cisco-voip] CUCM 8.6 DB Stopped / IP address blank

Erick B. erickbee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 16:18:47 EDT 2012

Just seeing if anyone has any ideas on this, about to re-install.

Had CUCM 8.6 up and running on VM Ware on UCS and site had power
outage, ungraceful shutdown, etc.  The CUCM VM is up but has no IP
address. Tried to set it back to original but it doesn't take, states
address already exists. Set it to something else and changed it back
and same message when we try original IP, address in use. The IP isn't
in any arp cache or on any other devices and we even isolated the
network interface on the VM and same error when we try to set it to
the original IP.

When we are on new IP, the service "A Cisco DB" doesn't start.  We
can't login to GUI at all (Database communication error).

Any other ideas to get this up before I start re-installing? Looks
like fs/database is corrupt from ungraceful shutdown.

Thanks, Erick