[cisco-voip] Unable to use phone to make calls in CUCILYNC/JABBER

george.hendrix at l-3com.com george.hendrix at l-3com.com
Tue Sep 18 07:08:27 EDT 2012

Hey Guys,

  We have a lot folks that are suddenly unable to make calls in CUCILYNC using their phone.  We've been testing Jabber and the same is also the case with Jabber. If I set it to use my computer for calls, there are no errors.  However, if I try to set it to use my phone for calls, it doesn't work.  There have been NO changes to the phones/lines associated with the users nor have there been any changes to the user accounts.  The ONLY thing that has recently happened was that much of our AD environment had to be rebuilt, and one of the LDAP servers in the CUCM LDAP configuration was rebuilt. In CUCILYNC, below is a screenshot of the error we're seeing.  The error I kept getting every time I would try to set my phone to make calls, it would be the error "Device Error. Service internal error. [101].  I have checked CTI Manager in CUCM and that doesn't appear to be the issue.  I have checked all the line/device/user associations and all of those seem to be in place as well.  Any idea of what to check and what this issue can be?

[cid:image004.png at 01CD94DD.38949FC0]

Thanks,
Bill Hendrix