[cisco-voip] 7912 losing options from Application menu

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Fri Apr 19 14:36:48 EDT 2013

I don't have a 7912 handy for testing… what are options 4 and 5 that go missing?

most items in that menu are provided via TFTP download or http retrieval.

The 7912 is notorious for not caching TFTP files like most of our phones. thus if TFTP is unavailable at boot it behaves differently. Any issues with TFTP?

The 7912 reach EoL before CUCM introduced internal/external phone services. This changed the format of the configuration file and the expected web server for servicing requests. It's possible something went amiss here. I believe the 7912 expects an environment closer to "external directories" so might be worth investigating and configuring that where possible.

-wes