[cisco-voip] UCCX - Agent phone types

Chris Axelsson invectus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 08:04:31 EDT 2013

Hello!

These days there are a number of different phone options for CCX agents,
CTI integration is now available for Jabber for instance. Would the same be
true for a Lync softphone? Could it actually be used a agent end-device? If
it can, would it fit in a professional contact center enviroment?

I guess the best would be a fully featured jabber client with CTI
integration, this would enable agents to be mobile. Is this also true for
mobile clients of jabber?

Lots of customer is already running Lync and is tied to this platform for
the next coming years or so. I am looking for good alternatives since lots
of customers is asking for softphone only or partially softphone solution
for their new callcenters. To offer a customer good old Cisco IP
communicator seems equally or even more expensive option and would be like
taking a step backward in my humble opinion.

regards
Chris