[cisco-voip] TAC question

Mike King me at mpking.com
Wed Aug 14 13:32:56 EDT 2013

Erick,
It's as Wes said.  When you're a CCIE, Cisco expects a certain level of
expertise.  I'm not a CCIE, and in the past I often had to have a case
re-queued to get the "right" level of competence.  But also running my own
helpdesk, I understand the need for the base tiers.  There is a significant
number of people that have never seen this mailing list, never took a
class, and have not bothered to read the docs.

Look at it this way.  Be thankful that Cisco provides this "shortcut" for
the CCIE's.  As for the CCIE opening and handing off.  My assumption that
when the CCIE opens the case, he would at least glance at the problem, and
would sort it out if it didn't need to be escalated to Cisco.

Mike