[cisco-voip] Migrating from CUCM 7.1.3 to CUCM 8.6.2

Ted Nugent tednugent73 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 21:10:58 EDT 2013

So a couple things I found...

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/vtgsca/VTGServlet
Shows support for 79x0G for 8.6 but not 9.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/unified/communications/system/versions/IPTMtrix.html
Doesn't show anything other than 79x1 as far back as 6.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr1.pdf
Lists a default load for 79x0G which would lead you to beleive it is
supported.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/end_of_life_notice_c51-574072.html
Lists EO SW Maintenance  2011 and EO HW Support 2015

None of this paints a clear picture and I can see how some may be confused
attempting to interpret this.

Any one have anything more concrete for 79x0 support for 9.x+... Love to
hear from Cisco on this as to what the "official" unofficial stance is...
:-)

Thanks
Ted