[cisco-voip] perf counter question

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 15:17:57 EST 2013

My hangup with that (at least for what i'm trying to do) is needing to have
the RTMT app running somewhere. I would be all over it otherwise.

>From the looks of things sticking with the //host/counter(instance)/counter
format assumption for now should get me through what i'll need anytime soon
- if it changes much more than that in future versions i'll likely be
making other necessary changes anyway.

Thanks for the input everyone!

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Wes Sisk <wsisk at cisco.com> wrote:

> I like PERL as much (more?) than the next guy.  That said I've found the
> UC AXL interfaces pretty onerous and only spotty perl support in various
> communities. I've spent a lot of time getting mediocre results and started
> looking for a better way.
>
> One alternative to scripted API access is to have RTMT log to CSV. Then
> you can do any desired number crunching on the CSV and leave the UC API
> nuances to the RTMT team.
>

> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/7_1_2/rtmt/rtconfpm.html#wpxref43081
>
> -wes
>

> On Feb 1, 2013, at 3:04 PM, Ed Leatherman <ealeatherman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> I'm cooking up a script to pull some performance counters out of CM with
> axl and do some statistics with it (MGCP util for now, maybe some other
> stuff). Since I might also do some "other stuff" with it, i'm trying to
> write it as generic as possible to account for polling other counters. My
> question is, are there any standards that the structure of these counters
> follow in particular that I can reference?
>
> For example, it seems like they all seem to follow:
> \\node\counter(instance)\sub-counter
> Where the instance may or may be required.
>
> Will counters ever nest any further down? Are there real names for what
> i'm calling "node" "counter" "subcounter" ?
>
> Have a great weekend everyone!
>
> --
> Ed Leatherman

Ed Leatherman