[cisco-voip] Problems with Conference, Transfer, and Hold between Nortel QSig, h.323, and UCM

Ryan Dowdy ryan.l.dowdy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 09:45:12 EST 2013

Here's the situation:

Nortel PBX (QSig)  -> Cisco 2921 (H.323) -> Cisco 3945 (H.323) -> UCM 8.5.1

Calls coming from the Nortel to the UCM complete fine, but Hold,
Transfer and Conference do not work.  The call hears silence for a few
seconds - up to 30 sec - and then the call disconnects.  Calls only
initiate in the above direction.  Not sending calls directly to UCM
because some calls go out PRIs on the 3945 (maybe I can put dial peers
on the 2921, pointed to the subscriber, specifically for UCM?).  Tried
checking the Requires MTP box on the UCM Gateway config.  A colleague
suggested:

*voice service voip**
supplementary-service h450.2
**supplementary-service h450.3
*

Hadn't tried this yet because I did not want to affect calls as this
site it always critical and in use - never any real down time.  Just
looking for suggestions.  Anyone have some?

Ryan