[cisco-voip] Is CUPS required to get phone status / user status for Attendant Console 9.1?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 11:51:52 EDT 2013

I watched the video over at the Arcsoft website
(http://www.arcsolutions.com/North_America/Solutions/Products/video/CUEAC_Overview.aspx)
and must have been too distracted by the presenter and may have missed
it.

Hint: do not do a presentation / recording when you have a cold.
Sniffling into the microphone every 5 seconds is pretty annoying.

If I deploy CUEAC 9.1 Enterprise (to replace our old attendant console
software which we've dragged forward all the way from 4.1) what do I
need to give me:

1- phone presence.
2- user status.

Is CUPS required for CUEAC to know whether I'm at my PC, if we're in a
Microsoft environment and we're running MOC / Lync?

Will CUEAC be able to tell the operator that I've set my calendar in
Outlook to "Out of Office"?

Will CUEAC be able to tell the operator that I'm on the phone, or that
I've set it to "Call Forward All"?

Any other products that people like other than CUEAC?

Thanks.