[cisco-voip] Is CUPS required to get phone status / user status for Attendant Console 9.1?

Jamie Gale -X (jamgale - Arc Solutions at Cisco) jamgale at cisco.com
Thu Jul 18 13:09:30 EDT 2013

Robert,

In order to get simple phone status (on hook/off hook/DND/CFW) you do not need to have CUPS installed and running.

If you want to get presence information for Cisco Jabber then you need the CUP component, you can also get presence information for Microsoft OCS/Lync and this uses the local client on the operator's PC to obtain the information.

Is CUPS required for CUEAC to know whether I'm at my PC, if we're in a
Microsoft environment and we're running MOC / Lync?

Yes is you need the information from Cisco Jabber, no if you want it from MOC/Lync

Will CUEAC be able to tell the operator that I've set my calendar in
Outlook to "Out of Office"?

Yes if CUPS/MOC/Lync is integrated with Microsoft Exchange

Will CUEAC be able to tell the operator that I'm on the phone, or that
I've set it to "Call Forward All"?

Yes, without having CUPS or MOC/Lync

Also, feel free to watch our other videos at the following link, these are more up to date than the ones you found:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3jC1gmgsRWPR4PLR2VWBhA?feature=CCQQwRs?

Kind Regards

Jamie Gale
Technical Marketing Engineer, Cisco Unified Attendant Consoles
Arc Solutions, onsite at Cisco
jamgale at cisco.com
D +1 919 392 4671
M +1 919 699 4910