[cisco-voip] Cisco Voice AND M$ Lync

Matt Slaga (AM) matt.slaga at dimensiondata.com
Fri Mar 22 17:13:57 EDT 2013

RCC is still supported, but not the main focus of either company.  CUCILync was basically a stop-gap until Cisco had Jabber ready.  Now it's the 'red-head stepchild' of both vendors.  Cisco's roadmap is no longer doing major improvements, and Microsoft only supported the APIs.

What a majority of my customers end up with is a hybrid.  Cisco does call center way better than Microsoft, and Microsoft does teleworkers far better than Cisco.