[cisco-voip] Single Number Reach Voicemail Policy/CSCua16829

Matthew Loraditch MLoraditch at heliontechnologies.com
Wed Mar 27 17:41:58 EDT 2013

Wes and I took this offline and figured it out.
Essentially this a new feature for Single Number Reach in 9.0+ that allows  the system to use a confirmation request before completing a handoff instead of the various timers that determine when to pull a call back to internal voicemail. There were apparently a lot of problems with different cellular carriers and the differing time settings before calls would get answered by the cellular voicemail.

Now you can set remote destinations to only get the call if the user presses a dtmf key confirming they want the call.

Problem is this is poorly documented as to how it actually works. An announcement audio file has been included and but is not defined by default. I won't go over all the incorrect/incomplete documentation but the feature does work so here's how to make it happen:

1)      Go to Media Resources, Announcements, and Add New.

2)      Pick "Mobility_VMA" as the Default Announcement. I set the identifier as the same.

3)      Pick a remote destination and for "Single Number Reach Voicemail Policy" change to "User Control"

4)      Now when the user gets a Mobility Call they will get a Prompt that says press any key to accept the call. Press any key and you now have the call.

5)      You can also change the system default from Timer to User in Call Manager Service Parameters - Clusterwide Parameters (System - Mobility Single Number Reach Voicemail), the timers for how long to wait for the DTMF tone and how long before its played are also in this section

Hope this helps someone else out!

Matthew G. Loraditch - CCNP-Voice, CCNA, CCDA

1965 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093

voice. 410.252.8830
fax.  410.252.9284

Twitter<http://twitter.com/heliontech>  |  Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Helion/252157915296>  | Website<http://www.heliontechnologies.com/>  |  Email Support<mailto:support at heliontechnologies.com?subject=Technical%20Support%20Request>