[cisco-voip] BIB Configuration Help

Deepak Maggo dmaggo at ipcelerate.com
Thu Mar 28 01:31:47 EDT 2013

Hi Scott,

1. Yes I am absolutely sure I verified it through Wireshark. packets are
coming from Call Manager IP when I make call from IP phone (with BIB
enabled) to PSTN through MGCP gateway (in this case I am receiving all RTP
packets from both Agent & Customer voice stream).
2. By alternate packets I mean that when I make a call from IP Phone to IP
Phone then under Wireshark on recording server it shows that RTP packets
coming from the IP phone with BIB enabled but the sequence number of RTP
packets is not continues, RTP packet with alternate  sequence number is
missing because of this my recording server giving me choppy recordings. As
you can see below RTP packet with *Seq=20857* is missing and it is
consistent through out the stream of RTP packets from phone  (.163 is IP
Phone and .201 is Recording server).

No.     Time           Source                Destination           Protocol
Length Info
     84 17.296525000   10.X.X.163          10.X.X.207          RTP
214    PT=ITU-T G.711 PCMU, SSRC=0x1603A8EB, Seq=20856, Time=209014710

No. Time Source Destination Protocol Length Info
98 17.336996000 10.X.X.163          10.X.X.207          RTP 214 PT=ITU-T
G.711 PCMU, SSRC=0x1603A8EB, Seq=20858, Time=209015030

I tried with CUCM 9.0 as well but I am getting the same response.

*Thanks & Regards,*
*Deepak Maggo*