[cisco-voip] Callmanager 9.1 Gateway > Vg224 > MGCP > Hot Line Device

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Mon May 13 15:33:14 EDT 2013

Hot line device is new to me.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_A34970C5_00_admin-guide-91_chapter_01000111.html

This VG224 has all its ports connected to Emergency Call boxes.  If I make all the ports  a Hot Line Device and want it to go out our SIP trunk to 911 (similar to connection plar 911) is there something else I need to do?

Like where do I tell the hotline device to dial 911?  The CCM online help for Hotline device checkbox isn't clear.

Hotline Device

Check this check box to make this device a Hotline device. Hotline devices can only connect to other Hotline devices. This feature is an extension of PLAR, which configures a phone to automatically dial one directory number when it goes off-hook. Hotline provides additional restrictions that you can apply to devices that use PLAR.

To implement Hotline, you must also create a softkey template without supplementary service softkeys, and apply it to the Hotline device.

[cid:image001.png at 01CE4FEF.2ED54570]