[cisco-voip] Voice mail question

Terry Oakley Terry.Oakley at rdc.ab.ca
Thu Nov 14 12:15:51 EST 2013

Environment

CUCM 6.1 (Publisher and Subscriber)
VG2811 connected to two T1's
Voicemail hosted on a 2010 Exchange server.
SIP trunk to connect/route the caller to the Exchange Server.

Recent changes:
We have changed our DNS IP addresses and the issue appears to have changed since then.

Issue:

External callers do not get transferred to the voicemail server but rather get a 2UC1 message saying all circuits are busy.
Internal callers do get transferred to the voicemail server and can leave voice mail.

So I believe the SIP trunk in CUCM is working properly.
Staff can access the voice mail server from their sets and change/record greetings so I believe voicemail is functioning properly.
The issue appears to be that external callers are not forwarding to the proper route.
Doing a traceroute on the VG2811 to the IP address and DNS name of the Exchange server does show proper resolution.

What or where should I look to determine why external callers do not get transferred/routed to the voice mail system.   They are ringing phones but unanswered calls appear to be transferred back out to the PSTN.

Thanks

Terry

Terry Oakley
Telecommunication Coordinator, | Information Technology Services
100 College Blvd | Red Deer, AB T4N 5H5
Tel (403) 342-3521 | Terry.Oakley at rdc.ab.ca<mailto:Terry.Oakley at rdc.ab.ca>
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CEE122.69862620]<http://www.rdc.ab.ca/>