[cisco-voip] Verizon and MCID

Lisa Notarianni lisa.notarianni at scranton.edu
Thu Oct 3 12:29:48 EDT 2013

CUCM 8.6.6

We are planning on implementing the MCID feature on all phones in case of a Malicious Call so we can then have a call tagged.  Since there are 2 parts to the tagging…

1.       In CUCM

2.       At Verizon (our PRI carrier)

-          we have tried working with Verizon on enabling this feature and they are having a hard time figuring it out.

Our questions is – do we really need Verizon involved in a Malicious Call anyway? Will our call data from CUCM that we report on hold up in a court of law if there was an emergency such as a bomb threat or other type of serious threat?

Has anyone else ever dealt with this situation?

Thanks.
[LisaNotarianniSignature]